Ingredients for 12 muffins:
100 gr margarine melted and cooled (or other substitute of butter; I have used a soy spread)
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1/2 glass almond milk
300 gr all purpose flour
100 gr brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
3 big and ripe peaches
1. In a large bowl combine all dry ingredients: sifted flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix well.
2. Cut peaches into small pieces and gently mix with dry ingredients, making sure they are coated with flour: this helps to prevent the peaches from sinking during baking.
3. In another bowl whisk together eggs and vanilla extract and add melted margarine and almond milk to combine
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir only until the ingredients are just combined. Do not over mix the batter or tough muffins will result
5. Divide the batter among 12 muffin cups and bake at 180° for 20-25 minutes or until a wooden skewer inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean