This is a classic recipe in Italy, an all time favourite that I have learnt from my grandma. It is made using a small pot of yogurt as your unit of measurement for all ingredients. It couldn’t be easier.
The traditional recipe use plain white yogurt but I have tried using a banana-strawberry flavoured yogurt…the smell is just amazing. And of course I’ve used soy yogurt to make it dairy free.
1 pot of yogurt (125gr)
2 pots white sugar
2 pots all-purpose flour
1 pots corn flour
1 pot vegetable oil
16 gr baking powder
1 tbsp vanilla extract (or vanilla bean)
1. Whisk eggs and sugar until light an fluffy
2. Add yogurt and mix well and then gradually the flours
3. Add oil and vanilla extract and mix well
3. Finally add baking powder
4. Bake in a cake tin (24 cm diameter) at 180° or until a wooden skewer inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean