These energy bars are DAIRY FREE, GLUTEN FREE, VEGAN.
The process is super simple: select your favourite nuts and dried/fresh fruits and process them in a food processor together with some pitted dates, some rolled oats, water and your favourite sweetener. The result should be a sticky mixture, so adjust doses depending on the ingredients you will select.
Here’s the list of ingredients I have selected and the step by step instructions:
- Place 4 pitted medjool dates in warm water for 10 minutes, until soften
- Place dates in a food processor and mix for about 1 minute: it should form a “dough” like consistency
- Add 1 cup rolled oats and mix
- Add rest of ingredients: 1/4 cup coconut flakes, 1/4 cup hazelnuts, 1/4 cup almonds, 2 tbsp chia seeds, 4 apricots (cut into pieces), 2 tbsp maple syrup, 2 tbsp syrup
- Mix and add more water if necessary
- Transfer to a baking dish lined with parchment paper and press down until uniformly flattened (use dump hands or a glass)
- Bake for 15 minutes, 180 degrees fan
- Let cool down and cut into squares